This should feed 5 people easily. Adapted from The Little Swedish Kitchen by Rachel Khoo – I highly recommend the book and TV series.
- 500g tagliatelle pasta
- 350g hot dogs, chopped into small chunks
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 100ml double cream
- knob of butter or slash of oil
- splash of milk
- 2 tablespoons of capers, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon tomato puree
- 1 tablespoon of Dijon mustard
- heaped teaspoon of paprika (not smoked)
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped
- salt & pepper
Get a big pan of salted boiling water and get the pasta on.
Fry the onion and sausages in the butter or oil until the onion starts to brown. Add the cream, paprika and tomato puree. Simmer for a few minutes. Loosen the sauce with the milk and some of the pasta water if you think it needs it. Mix in the capers and spring onions. Serve.