Got a Raspberry Pi? Not sure what to do with it? Here are some cool things I’ve done with mine to get you thinking:
- Make an internet radio. This can be so simple it only has 1 button to change station, or have a display and volume buttons.
- Turn an old printer into a wifi printer. Making old hardware more useful and allowing me to print from iPads and iPhones.
- Make a Little Box of Poems – a random poem printed at the press of a button, to rip, read & keep.
- Make a webcam that tweets photos.
- Make a media server to stream music or video to gadgets round your house. (You can also make a media player using Raspbmc.)
- Try Kano – a super-cute, fast-booting RaspberryPi OS aimed at children. Lets you build things in Minecraft using Scratch-style blocks of code.
- Make an internet printer to give you a weather forecast when you wake up.
- Control your Raspberry Pi from a £29 Nook e-reader.
- Get an awesome £5 LEDBorg and learn about colour mixing and programming.
- Send text from your RaspberryPi to an Arduino’s LCD display. Could be tweets, weather, or what music your RaspberryPi is playing.
Some of these posts are old and the precise details of what you need to do may be out-of-date, but I hope this list gives you some ideas.