- Apple Arduino BBC BBCMicrobit books Christmas computing Doctor Who education fiction film Fridge Gizmo FridgeGizmo ICT ideapad iphone kindle lenovo Linux London MakeyMakey maths Microbit MicroPython music osx photography PiRadio poetry politics printer Python radio RaspberryPi Raspberry Pi raspbian reading recently read scratch SenseHAT teaching twitter Ubuntu weather writing
Search this blog
- Joanna on The Longest Year: School Direct or School, Die Wrecked?
- DIane on What is the point of the BBC micro:bit mobile app?
- Caitlin on The Longest Year: School Direct or School, Die Wrecked?
- blogmywiki on Lightbulb moment: learning logic gates with switches
- James on Lightbulb moment: learning logic gates with switches
Author Archives: blogmywiki
I had a 10k potentiometer lying around that I saved from some junked electronics – it may have been a volume control or something, I can’t remember. Today I found a use for it when I found this excellent web … Continue reading
This week I did a maths investigation I recall doing myself when I was at primary school – and that was a long time ago! It’s the one where you find out which total scores, if any, are more likely … Continue reading
My school has a large number of old Asus eeePC 1001PX netbooks. They originally had WindowXP on, which obviously is no longer supported so their use was limited. Our IT department had rebuilt them with LXDE Linux for use in … Continue reading
I introduced logic gates to year 9 again this year. Last year we did the theory, filled in truth tables and then I got them to built half and full adders in logic.ly – which was fine, they really got … Continue reading
It’s supposed to be easy – 2 or 3 resistors and you can get your Arduino micro controller to produce low-resolution black and white composite video. Well, it wasn’t for me. It took me hours to get it working, but … Continue reading